We have currently two open PhD positions in physics or related disciplines (mechanical engineering, bio-engineering, material sciences …). Possible research topics include:
- bioartificial muscle (cardiac, skeletal), and methods for high-throughput measurements of contractile forces
- rheology and structural properties of biopolymers (such as collagen, fibrin, Matrigel, and many others), and their effect on cell behavior
- mechanisms of collective cell migration in 3-D
- Interactions between cancer cells and immune cells (T-cells, NK-cells)
- cell rheology with various methods
- cell adhesion and cytoskeletal dynamics
- your choice of topics – if you have an idea or research topic you want to pursue, please contact us!
If you are interested, please send an email to Prof. Dr. Ben Fabry.